<body>
avalanche
my heart's too fast for my feet
profile
Hello, my name is Grace, and in about ten years or so you'll be buying my premortem biographies where they'll be flying off the shelves like Harry Potter on a Summoning Charm spree. Just kidding.

wishlist
  • Pocket tees

  • Bandage skirt

  • Bootie/ brogue/ strappy heels

  • A big fat brown tote

  • Flora by Gucci

  • InStyle US


  • To Catch A Pirate (read)

  • The Secret Countess (read)

  • The Reluctant Heiress (read)

  • Aurelia

  • Who What Wear

  • The Sartorialist (paperback)


  • Valentino: The Last Emperor

  • The September Issue

  • Coco Avant Chanel

  • Lenka/ Taylor Swift albums

  • (500) Days of Summer soundtrack
  • tagboard

    links
    MY NEW BLOG, THE SECRET KOOK SOCIETY!
    vaguely- (BS) The Art Collaboration I II III IV V

    chingying! leen nicki xinyi leti cayke kibs miji sand saman sarah john jlee jm yong jianchong daniel batch blog

    bren hannah rachel danielle huahua fiona pingghee callie nat sarah junhui amelia tianjiao esther huiran maddie abby 112 212 '08 212 '09

    cat class jayne diane gen pearl brigette leticia neil thomas

    marissa jovana lidan eindah valerie sher sarah zhongxuan eugene dorothy

    ryan's well panya project

    red carpet fashion awards garance dore studioofstyle sea of shoes who what wear the clothes horse lookbook

    archives
    June 2009
    July 2009
    August 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010

    credits
    This layout was made by: TM


    Nov 2, 2009 ,4:31 AM
    Quelqu'un M'a Dit
    click to go back to the top.

    meeting you was fate
    becoming your friend was a choice
    but falling in love with you
    was beyond my control
    -from one of Dao's profile picture descriptions (of L.A., but it's a beautiful quote nonetheless)

    I already mentioned Carla Bruni's fabulous French song for the (500) Days of Summer soundtrack and I just found out it wasn't sung specially for it, it was from a previous epynomous album. Since I don't speak French I had to copy and paste the title in... as I will the lyrics... but I found a video with the English translation and it's beautiful. Typed it out on Microsoft Word and pasted it below so my fellow non-French-speakers can read it too.

    (The song is beautiful even without knowing the meaning of the lyrics so watch the music video first if you want.)

    Music video:


    Soundtrack version:


    English translation:


    Lyrics (from last video):
    On me dit que nos vies ne valent pas grand chose,
    Elles passent en un instant comme fanent les roses.
    On me dit que le temps qui glisse est un salaud que de nos chagrins il s'en fait des manteaux pourtant quelqu'un m'a dit...

    I'm told that our lives aren't worth much,
    They pass in an instant, like wilting roses
    I'm told that time slipping by is a bastard
    Making its coat of our sorrows.
    Yet someone told me...

    Refrain
    Que tu m'aimais encore,
    C'est quelqu'un qui m'a dit que tu m'aimais encore.
    Serais ce possible alors?

    That you still loved me,
    Someone told me that you still loved me,
    well? Could that be possible?

    On me dit que le destin se moque bien de nous
    Qu'il ne nous donne rien et qu'il nous promet tout
    Parais qu'le bonheur est à portée de main,
    Alors on tend la main et on se retrouve fou
    Pourtant quelqu'un m'a dit ...

    I'm told that fate makes fun of us,
    That it gives us nothing and promises everything.
    When happiness seems to be within our reach,
    We reach out and find ourselves like fools-
    Yet someone told me...

    Refrain

    Mais qui est ce qui m'a dit que toujours tu m'aimais?
    Je ne me souviens plus c'était tard dans la nuit,
    J'entend encore la voix, mais je ne vois plus les traits
    "Il vous aime, c'est secret, lui dites pas que j'vous l'ai dit"
    Tu vois quelqu'un m'a dit...

    So who said that you still loved me?
    I don't remember any more-
    it was late at night;
    I can still hear the voice
    but I can no longer see the face:
    "He loves you, it's secret;
    don't tell him I told you."
    You see, someone told me...

    Que tu m'aimais encore, me l'a t'on vraiment dit...
    Que tu m'aimais encore, serais ce possible alors ?

    That you still loved me.
    Did someone really tell me
    that you still loved me?
    Well, could that be possible?

    On me dit que nos vies ne valent pas grand chose,
    Elles passent en un instant comme fanent les roses
    On me dit que le temps qui glisse est un salaud
    Que de nos tristesses il s'en fait des manteaux,
    Pourtant quelqu'un m'a dit que...

    I'm told that our lives aren't worth much,
    They pass in an instant, like wilting roses
    I'm told that time slipping by is a bastard
    Making its coat of our sorrows.
    Yet someone told me...


    Refrain