<body>
avalanche
my heart's too fast for my feet
profile
Hello, my name is Grace, and in about ten years or so you'll be buying my premortem biographies where they'll be flying off the shelves like Harry Potter on a Summoning Charm spree. Just kidding.

wishlist
  • Pocket tees

  • Bandage skirt

  • Bootie/ brogue/ strappy heels

  • A big fat brown tote

  • Flora by Gucci

  • InStyle US


  • To Catch A Pirate (read)

  • The Secret Countess (read)

  • The Reluctant Heiress (read)

  • Aurelia

  • Who What Wear

  • The Sartorialist (paperback)


  • Valentino: The Last Emperor

  • The September Issue

  • Coco Avant Chanel

  • Lenka/ Taylor Swift albums

  • (500) Days of Summer soundtrack
  • tagboard

    links
    MY NEW BLOG, THE SECRET KOOK SOCIETY!
    vaguely- (BS) The Art Collaboration I II III IV V

    chingying! leen nicki xinyi leti cayke kibs miji sand saman sarah john jlee jm yong jianchong daniel batch blog

    bren hannah rachel danielle huahua fiona pingghee callie nat sarah junhui amelia tianjiao esther huiran maddie abby 112 212 '08 212 '09

    cat class jayne diane gen pearl brigette leticia neil thomas

    marissa jovana lidan eindah valerie sher sarah zhongxuan eugene dorothy

    ryan's well panya project

    red carpet fashion awards garance dore studioofstyle sea of shoes who what wear the clothes horse lookbook

    archives
    June 2009
    July 2009
    August 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010

    credits
    This layout was made by: TM


    Oct 10, 2009 ,7:14 AM
    Hark the Fourteen Candles!
    click to go back to the top.

    Ahhhh.... The world seems different when you've turned a year older. Not.

    Surprisingly birthdays have lost the rosy glow of years past when we used to mark our birthdays with huge birthday parties, satin flowery dresses and beautiful themed cakes made by our mothers (or mine, at least). Now, you're kind of just wondering if people got the hint and got you a blazer, or something.

    But nonetheless I'm glad my birthday's come and part of me is like, "Whaaa? It passed??" It flew by, particularly since... Wait, I'd might as well start from the beginning.

    Firstly, 9 October is ISB's Parent-Teacher Conference days, so I get a free day off school, granted I wake up early (6.15AM) to drive to Nichada with my parents. After about two hours of waiting in line and twenty-minute-or-less talks with teachers (my Dad said loudly, "Torres!" to my Spanish teacher, who looked used to it... sort of) we drove home (I fell asleep in the car, despite sleeping at 9PM the night before- I was EXHAUSTED. Maybe it's the groggy-inducing pills I've been taking for my infected jaw muscle or whatever).

    Mum brought Auntie and I to Crepes & Co. (Soi 12) after that- FANTABULOUS. I definitely gained about ten kilos from our extensive lunch: Hawaiian crepe and Canadian pancakes for afters. LOTS of sugar, though I think they balanced it with the huge amount of pineapples in the former. (: Then Auntie went home and Mum and I took the BTS to Emporium for... guess what... grocery shopping. But we passed through Times Square before that and I got a basic white T from Ten & Co. It's not the oversized, pocket one I envisaged but I've got a dark grey version and I know it's awesome, almost like it's tailored for me.

    So we bought a HAAGEN DAZ (YAY!) ice cream cake (which is still in the fridge, we forgot to take it with us to sway-chick's house, although dad managed to eat a slice before flying to Singapore) and lots of groceries (INCLUDING 4 LITRES OF MILK) before we took a taxi and promptly got stuck in a 30-min jam. Therefore we embarked on our arm-muscle-training journey back home- first walking (WITH groceries) to the BTS station, then taking said BTS, then hailing a cab at the road-side. Ouch! And then it was 1.5 hours of 9 October gone.

    For dinner Dad sprang it on us that no, it wasn't a homecooked meal, it was dinner at Shang Palace @ Shangri-La! Which is good, but MEANT THAT ALL THAT GROCERY LUGGING ON MY BIRTHDAY WAS FOR NOTHING. Poof. Anyway. Was fun, awesome, pigged out on their soup and prawn and fritters and surprisingly-nice-snow-fish. And tea.

    Today we went to Sway-chick's house in the morning to "receive" JT, coming home from his week-long sojourn in Singapore. We spent a few hours with him, then Mum finally relented and let me go to Platinum (albeit we took the BTS, which was freezing, but WORTH IT). We trawled around and we bought 2 blazers! (After the first one I was personally looking for a jumpsuit, not pushing my luck, but Mum seemed willing -even eager- to get me my second.) So we got a bubblegum-pink-ish one (I love the colour! and the 3/4 sleeve length!) and a slightly more sateeny black version. :3 Sadly they're in the wash. I CAN'T WAIT TO WEAR EM (:

    Okay, Mum's already given me the "WHAT TIME IS IT" look, so GTG, TTYL, xoxo (: and thanks to all people who've given me well wishes! You guys are awesome!